Friday, September 12, 2014

20 Things You Might Not Know About Me

I was tagged by my friend Kelly from Creating Justice One Suspense At A Time to participate in a fun question type game on the blog. Today, I'm sharing somethings you might not know about me and maybe some that you do. I'll be posting this on my Facebook page with some tags to challenge friends to share!

Evidence of my "tall-ness".
Question 1: How tall are you?
TALL. Haha, ok not that tall, but I feel taller since all my friends seem to be short ;) I'm 5' 7 3/4" (I know, you're probably thinking just say 8" but I hold that 3/4 of an inch dearly).

Question 2: Do you have a hidden talent? If so, what?
I *cough* am a classically trained vocalist. Yeah, yeah, that means opera. Though you'll likely hear me singing in a breathy, jazzy type voice, I was trained to sing "correctly" and have a degree in vocal performance.
(...and I'm secretly a ninja!)

Question 3: What’s your biggest blog-related pet peeve?
Personal: Posting something that has a typo/error.
Non-Personal: People who rant about things as if they are always right.

Question 4: What’s your biggest non-blog related pet peeve?
Loud chewing/chewing with your mouth open. Ick.

Question 5: What’s your favorite song?
Hymn: There Is A Fountain Filled With Blood
Contemporary: Why Georgia by John Mayer

Question 6: What’s your favorite Etsy shop that isn’t yours?
I don't have one, but I love the vintage shops. I have a list of "liked" vintage items - most are from WWII. Did I mention I am slightly addicted to collecting and decorating with antiques?

Question 7: What’s your favorite way to spend your free time when you’re alone?
Either writing or reading.

Question 8: What’s your favorite junk food?
Don't really eat it. Maybe chips?

My "adopted" dogs!
Question 9: Do you have a pet or pets? If so, what kind and what are their names?
Well...technically no, but in my heart yes! Shout out to Piper (my friend Jane's dog) and then the dogs down the street I take care of: Ava, Capice, and Luna.

Question 10: What are your number one favorite nonfiction and fiction books?
Oh gosh. Asking this to a big reader is like asking to choose your favorite child (not that I have kids...). Um, I'll go from recently read stuff.
#1 Fiction: Raptor 6 (The Quiet Professionals Book 1) by the amazing Ronie Kendig
#2 Non-Fiction: Finding Spiritual Whitespace: Awakening Your Soul to Rest by gentle and sweet Bonnie Gray

Question 11: What’s your favorite beauty product?

Chap stick. Ha - does that count?

Question 12: When were you last embarrassed? What happened?
Like, every day of my life? I'm always doing something silly. Recently...locked my keys in the house.

Question 13: If you could only drink one beverage (besides water) for the rest of your life, what would it be?
COFFEE. I'm unashamed to admit that.

Question 14: What’s your favorite movie?
The Princess Bride - classic!

Me at a band competition - told ya I was a geek!
Question 15: What were you in high school: prom queen, nerd, cheerleader, jock, valedictorian, band geek, loner, artist, prep?
Band geek...all the way.

Question 16: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
In an historic house on the Oregon or Washington Coast.

Question 17: PC or Mac?
PC? What's that. Mac all the way!!!

Question 18: Last romantic gesture from a crush, date, boy/girlfriend, spouse?
...no news to report on this...

Question 19: Favorite celebrity?
How about who he plays? 'Cause Captain America is pretty amazing.

Question 20: What blogger do you secretly want be best friends with?
Jasmine Star. Just love her photography and she seems to have a great sense of humor!

So, did any of these surprise you? If so, which ones?

**This blog post is a part of the ’20 Things You Might Not Know About Me’ Blog Tag started by April from Blacksburg Belle. She began this blog tag experiment to build community among creatives, help us bloggers to connect more and get to know each other better. This month’s topic is all about sharing just a little too much information about yourself. If you’d like to participate or want more info,check out the beginning post right here.**

No comments:

Post a Comment